Cottage Kitchen Cabinets
If you want to turn your kitchen into cottage kitchen cabinets, or are building a new house and want to have the look and feel of cottage kitchen cabinets - good for you!!
Having been in the custom cabinet industry for 15 years, we seldom built cottage kitchen cabinets, but when we did, they looked great.
When we redo our kitchen (sometime in the distant future, like in 20 years or so), we plan on remodeling to have our kitchen a cottage kitchen. Cottage Kitchen Cabinets are timeless and never go out of style.
WHAT MAKES YOUR CABINETS COTTAGE KITCHEN CABINETS?
- They are usually white.
- You will most often have a very large window above the sink, or a couple of large windows in your kitchen area.
- The look is simple and clean.
- The cabinets don't have to be white, but they have to be more traditional, for example, having square doors or shaker style throughout is common.
- Often glass doors are used on upper cabinets.
- There are very often sections of upper cabinets that just aren't there. Instead, simple shelving is used to hold plates, cups, and bowls.
- Cottage kitchen cabinets are usually very open, warm, and inviting.
- Often there will be a bake station, usually incorporated into an island or peninsula.
- Light is important. The more windows the better, and hanging simple yet decorative lighting is a must.
- Sometimes cottage kitchen cabinets will have a pot rack.
- Often cottage kitchen cabinets, if they are white, will have a wood stained island, or a wooden corner cupboard or bakers rack included somewhere in the kitchen. Wood and white are often mixed.
If you don't have cottage kitchen cabinets, and want them, go to ourRepaint Kitchen Cabinets page from our Cottage Kitchen Cabinets page for a simple how-to (paint). Painting your cabinets white is one of the simplest and first things you can do to make your kitchen a cottage kitchen.
Return to our Kitchen Cabinet Idea page.
OTHER RELATED PAGES:
Choosing Kitchen Cabinets - What to look for & what NOT to overlook!
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets - Take note & make use of these easy observations before you clean.
Cleaning Wood Kitchen Cabinets - It's Easy - you don't need "secret" cleansers or be a pro. This page tells you how!!
How to Install Kitchen Cabinets - List of 20 things you'll need, plus 5 more you might. Are you sure you're doing it the easiest way? Here's some simple suggestions that will save you time and money.
Ideas for Painting Kitchen Cabinets - 4 really simple and useful ideas to make your life easier (plus a couple variations).
Kitchen Cabinet Design Ideas - What you need, what you want. Make sure it all fits and flows.
Kitchen Cabinet Idea - Be Savvy - 20 Top Things to Consider BEFORE you buy.
Knotty Pine Kitchen Cabinets - The Pros, Cons, and how to use Accessories.
Metal Shelf Bracket - Do you really know the types of metal shelf brackets and what they can be used for? Find out here.
Repaint Kitchen Cabinets - Yes, you can repaint your kitchen cabinets in 5 easy steps.
Rustic Kitchen Cabinet - Knots, Distressed Woods, Rustic Handles - Can you handle it?
Unfinished Pine Kitchen Cabinets - 3 Gorgeous (and simple) things you can do to finish them out.
Unfinished Wood Kitchen Cabinets - Put $$ back in your wallet (or purse).
Wood for Kitchen Cabinets - The "King" of woods. Plus, how any wood could be your best bet.